Most people already have an investment portfolio, which by definition, is nothing more than a collection of assets purchased with the intention of making a profit, commonly known as your investment portfolio. However, many people struggle to answer a simple question – is your investment portfolio fit for purpose?
To help you answer this, give some consideration to the following:
- Do you have a clear understanding of your financial goals?
- Do you know what level of risk that you are willing and have the financial capacity to accept?
- Do you know what your current asset allocation is overall?
- Do you know what your ideal asset allocation is?
- Do you understand the performance characteristics of each asset you hold?
- Do you know why you are holding each asset?
- Do you know what level of risk is inherent within your portfolio?
- Are you currently taking more risk than you have the capacity to accept?
- Conversely, do you understanding the risk of remaining in cash?
- Is your tax position optimised?
- Do you keep your portfolio constantly under review to ensure it remains fit for purpose?
These are only a few of the many questions that we could ask, but they are all questions that our wealth management clients can answer with confidence.
As professional financial planners with many years of experience behind us we operate a wealth management service that adopts a series of steps containing processes that that are not only tried and tested but where appropriate academically proven.
You can therefore invest with the confidence that your hard earned savings are being managed in such a way that you stand the best chance of achieving your goals with the minimum level of risk that you are willing to take.
The value of investments and any income from them may go down as well as up and you may get back less than the value of your investment.