Enjoying Your Retirement
Once you have successfully got to the point of approaching life’s longest holiday, another set of decisions face you – how to turn your accumulated portfolio of assets into a tax efficient income generating ‘machine’.
The planning should start 3-4 years before retirement, when you begin to see some clarity about timing and how many of those dreams and ambitions can be fulfilled. Reducing risk within your arrangements is key to locking in long term profits and value and to ensure those hopes are not dashed by economic events in the run up to retirement. So we will ensure there is a planned and progressive reduction in investment risk and a corresponding liquidity build-up to ease the transition from ‘saving’ to ‘spending’.
There are many other factors which our service delivers and make this one of the most important and rewarding parts of a financial planners role:
- Ensure you are aware of all the options available to provide retirement income and capital
- Cut through the jargon and technicalities, to simplify each issue and help you make an informed and considered decision
- Secure the best annuity rates in the market through considering all health and lifestyle aspects which can be advantageous to you
- Ensure your retirement plans use all available tax allowances to minimise the impact of taxation on income and capital
- Build protection for spouse and family so that risks to your retirement plans are minimised
- Provide you with the confidence to get on and enjoy life!
The value of your investment and any income from it, may rise as well as fall, and you may get back less than the value of your investment